Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Why Do They Cancel All The Shows We Love?

Yesterday, I went to Target on my way to work and picked up some DVDs. One of them being the George Ramero classic, "Dawn of the Dead". This seems to be a popular title, well loved by the members of The Smart Patrol. So, I won't waste time talking about it. However, my other purchase brings up a topic which has plagued the Thursday Knights since their inception. That's right, I forked over $35 (plus tax) for the "Futurama: Season 3" box set.

Why is it that every program that we have ever loved is tossed aside like it's the nations red headed step child? Freaks & Geeks, Undeclared, Greg The Bunny, Family Guy, Firefly (for those that have seen it) and Futurama, just to name a few. So as not to waste to much of your time I will give you the Cliff Notes version of the answer: "AMERICA IS FILLED WITH RETARDS!" And I'm not talking about the happy go lucky, short a chromosome retards that we have all come to love (Except Guy. Retards make him uncomfortable). I'm talking just stupid, stupid individuals who watch the same Prime Time crap from night to night.

How many nights in a row can you watch some guy figure out that a husband killed his wife for the insurance money by finding a pubic hair in his carpet? Everyone doesn't love Raymond. I have news for you: Raymond's an asshole! I think the DISH network might have the best deal ever. Please take CBS away. I don't think anyone will be missing classics, like "The King of Queens" or "Star Search". Who cares if Betty Joe beats out Bobby Sue in the "Best 8-Year Old Hog Caller from Bum-F*ck Idaho" competition?

When the majority of good television isn't even made available to the general public, because they can't afford cable, it worries me even more. People are just going to keep getting dumber and dumber and then there really won't be anything for us to watch anymore. It's just disappointing that the networks don't give good shows a chance to catch an audience.

No comments: