Sunday, July 18, 2004

Oh Yeah Sure Whatever

So what - you guys are all off doing stuff that's fun and being all footloose and caffeine free.
 
Well I had my fun this weekend too.  I worked, then I - I - - well I had fun too dammit!!
 
I discovered two new bands.  (Yes nobody has heard of these guys before me, so I did in fact discover them, smart ass)
 
Everyone should listen to these albums, and listen right now:
Simian - We Are Your Friends
It's 60s/70s/90s poppy Beatle-esque-ish stuff with really catchy doodads thrown in for good measure.  "Never Alone" and "La Breeze" are my favorite songs so far.  But every time I listen to them, I find something esle to be jealous of.
 
Sloan - (Any Album)
Another great little poppy band in the now "poop"ular 60s/70s T-Rex kind of rock style.  Hooky and gruff, like that bad milk in the fridge you can't help but sniff every time you open it.
 
So see, us "other" people do stuff too.  It's just not quite as, hmmm how shall I say it - oh yes, not quite as fun.
 

No comments: