Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I, the Jury...

13 months ago I sat on a Jury, it had been about 2 years since the last time I had sat on a jury. I'm all for civil duty, responsibility to the body politic and what-have-you, but I think I'm carrying someone else's load too.
The thing that really blows is that to get out of it you have to admit that you are and idiot (which so far I refuse to do) or that sitting in judgment of your fellow will create an unfair economic burden on you because you are practically destitute (while this is true in my case, it is also private none o'yer damn business kind of information and what's it to ya, judge?).
Meanwhile I know full well that many of The Thursday Knights have never served on a jury and have never even been called.


What gives?

juryD
Tossed up by numbersix.

No comments: