Sunday, March 06, 2005

30 Minute Comics Vol. 2 Issue 5

Be Kind, Rewind



CHRIS: “I’m telling you man, they’re like razors. Real Freddy Kruger shit.”

ED: “Freddy Kruger shit, huh?”

CHRIS: “Uhuh.”

ED: “Seems to me like the only shit around here, is the stuff you’re shovelin’ right now.”

CHRIS: “Fine, don’t believe me, see if I care.”

ED: “Dude, what do you expect me to say. You’re trying to convince me that there’s a zombie in the basement of the video store where we work. A zombie which you’ve seen, and now want us to go kill with nothing more than a flashlight and some silly string?”

CHRIS: “I meant we could throw the cans at him, not spray him with it!”

ED: “I think you’ve been takin’ out too many Romero titles buddy. Gotta ease up on the horror section.”

{Ed gets up from his chair and starts organizing some DVD’s on the counter. Suddenly a muted crashing sound is hear. Like cardboard boxes falling over.}

CHRIS: “Christ! It’s him, it’s the zombie!”

{Chris instinctively ducks below the counter and covers his head with his hands. Ed leans over the counter, peering at Chris and shaking his head.}

ED: “You’ve really turned into one pathetic stoner haven’t you? Get up will ya? It was probably just some rats or something. Besides, two minutes ago you wanted to go down there and attack the thing, now you’re too petrified to move.”

CHRIS: “Yeah well, it just took me off guard that’s all. I thought it was trying to ambush us, ok?”

ED: “Ok, then let’s go. You and me, in the basement. Right now.”

{Chris gives a concerned look to Ed and shruggs his shoulders as his way of accepting the proposal. Ed walks towards the stairwell and turns the doorknob. The door creaks open slowly, as if with apprehension. Ed bends down and picks up the flashlight that lives on the second step down. He takes a deep breath and switches it on.}

CHRIS: Oh My God! Its him!

{The zombie moves slowly but with purpose, its crushed chest cavity oozing green. Ed and Chris stand paralyzed with fear, their feet rooted to the ground as the zombie raises its outstretched arms with those razor nails…..}

No comments: