Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Toby is indeed special.



A little backround on Toby's "special-ness".
Eric, Toby, and I (collectively known as the flickerfactory) are gearing up to shoot a music video for the band 99tales.

Eric and I decided to use the band's cover art aesthetic for the look of the video. The video clips Toby posted below are tests. We wanted to see if we could incorporate live action into the animated world Eric had previously created. I think it worked fairly well. We originally had hoped to make the video in February, then it got pushed to June, and now it looks like it won't happen till August or later because of the bands availability. There is a slight chance we'll just move ahead with the project on our own and limit the bands involvement. I had planned on having a big part of the video being performance oriented. But who knows? Eric and I will get together to see if we should proceed or wait.

To see Eric's take click here.
To see Toby's take click here.

What do you think?

-Guy

1 comment:

Andy said...

I really like the "Forlorn Toby in a car" shot. Looks very - how you say - um - neato.