Friday, September 30, 2005

Insomnia Posting #27G: A few thoughts about my flight.



So, the last film of the last screening is copying right now. I have a moment to discuss my flight here. It was uneventful, but got off to a rocky start. Here is my plane. All shiny and clean.


But look closer, or just scope out the poorly executed blow-up shot below.








That's my pilot sitting on the window sill, wiping off the window with what appeared to be his jacket. Thinks I "This does not bode well for our hero" (me). I mean, I know that the airlines are having a tough time of it right now, but they can't afford the squeegie guy? What the hell is that poor bastard gonna do for a gig now? How much transferability could those skills possibly have?
"Uh, so tell us why you think you'd make a great addition to the team here at Gigantocorp™, Bob"

"
Well, Back in the day I was the squeegie guy for American Airlines, until they let me go. Downsized, you know how it is..."

"
Actually Bob I don't know how it is... I sold my immortal soul to Gigantocorp™ back on my prom night, and never looked back."

"
Sweet where do I sign?"
... and SCENE.

So the pilot likes clean windows, no biggie.
Then we sat on the jetway for an hour because Chicago was 'socked in'. The little rubber-ended ramp was retracted, technically we had left the airport. I sat in Irvine for the first hour of the flight, it was absurd. They even started the in-flight entertainment.

NOTE: Herbie Fully Loaded is sucks butt, and no I wasn't surprised to discover that, thank you very much.

Then I was offered a small boxed snack thingy, contents included tiny round corn chips, alleged Salsa, and something vaguely cheese-like... oh and a turkey jerky thingy (a gift for Nels when I arrived!). All for 3 bucks!! It's so sad what has become of American airlines, and American Airlines (how's that for intellectual?). Luckily they seem to have an endless supply of Everybody Loves Raymond to quell the angry horde - and it worked.

From Chicago:

thePrisoner (is 'mildly fond' of Raymond)

No comments: