Saturday, October 15, 2005

Toby gives Wal-Mart the old "thumbs way down"

I know we keep our politics out of the Smart Patrol as a rule, but by golly I gots to speak out on this.

Boing Boing: Wal-Mart photofinishing narcs out student who made anti-Bush poster:
Wal-Mart photofinishing narcs out student who made anti-Bush poster
Wal-Mart called the police on a high-school student who brought in a pic of a homemade anti-George Bush poster for photo-finishing. The Secret Service went to the kid's high-school and confiscated the poster.

I'm not interested in grading this kid's art project (if I were it would be a C at best). Here's a little something I think applies here:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.


So add me to the list of Wal•Mart bashers, not for the trash that shops there, but for the trash that works there.

thePrisoner (has read the bill of rights, so should you)

2 comments:

Mr. DNA said...

You're sooo American.

: )


P.S. Me too.

Mr. Kamikaze said...

That's RI-GOD-DAMN-DICULOUS!!!
Suck it Walmart...