Friday, January 20, 2006

Knee-Shooters!



I just wanted to post something, while I have a spare moment.
I'm gonna be working tomorrow (Saturday), which sucks because I was looking forward to sleeping in, then going to see my good friend Guy, and my buddy Mr. Kane. It seems this is not to be.

The client is a nice guy and appreciates my sacrifice. My bosses think that they should be able to expect this from their loyal and grateful slaves.
Uh employees.

Since I'm still new at the old 9-5 grind (9 to 7 is standard here) I can't decided if I'm a trooper, a team player or a sap.

Would you go ahead and come on in on Saturday (Office Space reference) if you weren't even that wild about where you worked anyway? After all, I got nothing to prove to these philistines!! However, my innate work philosophy means that I take a swift kick to the chops at times like this, and I have made sacrifices before for work over private life.

Is this wrong? Am I screwing up by not establishing and maintaining healthy boundaries? Seriously, I'm interested in what folks think... Discuss.

5 comments:

Mr. DNA said...

YOU make the choices.

elhombrealto said...

My apologies in advance to Mr. DNA, but I am in a disagreeing mood right now...

In all honesty, you can only make so many choices in life before the bank decides to make them for you. It all comes down to the mighty Dollar. (Or in my case the modestly mighty Yen.)

As for the prisoner, work sucks. All work sucks. But if you feel that the time and energy you are giving is equivalent to the weight of your pocketbook, then just suck in that gut and take it like a man!

Work = Pain + Suffering ÷ Compensation

Please Note:

If (C) > (P+S) ⇒ relax
If (P+S) > (C) ⇒ resign.

If this doesn't help, I can break it down into a word problem for you to contemplate.

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andy said...

But wait a sec, what the hell happened to her tits?

Unknown said...

Good feedback, thanks.
Hey Puma, she's got saggies