Thursday, March 30, 2006

Where's my DADA-ism?










This sculpture is going on display in New York City in April. If you are lucky it will be in a gallery near you soon. I mean c'mon what's better ART than to see Britney Spears on all fours giving birth? Although not everyone is as excited about this tribute to Pro-Life as I seem to be.

"Artist Daniel Edwards intended the piece as a tribute to the pro-life movement.
But gallery owner David Kesting has been inundated with complaints from all sides.
He said: "We also got calls from Tokyo, England, France.
"Some people are upset that Britney is being used for this subject matter.
"Others who are pro-life thought this was degrading to their movement. And some pro-choice people were upset that this is a pro-life monument."

You can't please everyone can you?

link: London Daily Sun

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I think that the sculpture is beautiful.

Jerrster said...

I don't know...I'm wondering of from the rear there is a little "Ferderleasy" Crowning? ACK!

Fig said...

The last thing I need to see is Brits in birthing pose... I feel sick. Any other woman... and I'd be fine.. but that skank... good lord.

Jerrster said...

ah c'mon Lily lighten up...maybe the artist made the sculpture true to life and has included ciggie-butts and gum wrappers stuck to her bare feet from GAS station restrooms.

Andy said...

pro-life = pro-ignorance.