Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Fun Of Junk Mail

Sometimes I actually read my junk e-mail just to check out just how poor my dick and mortgage are - or how my dick's mortgage is or the dick doing my mortgage, etc..

Today I got one email from a "Shantay Rutledge" (surely someone I've known on the planet Betafart, because wow). Here's what "she" / "it" said:

"rectangular is sideway amazon a antic not penchant cool. tokyo is brahmsian baseband is hang a ciceronian sidelong good. revery is fordham factual a fruition not kestrel cool. monomial is most shivery is capacious a diphtheria decontrolled good"

Most shivery indeed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There was a story on NPR's Studio360 about an artist who uses the same technique that spammers use to collect those random phrases to compose poetry. The story also talked about David Bowie, Lou Reed and several other singers who used random lyrics. Of course they were trying to create something out of seemingly nothing. The spammers are just trying to slip past your spam detectors by increasing the ratio of non-trigger words to trigger words (Pen15, v1agra, m0rt9a9e). As our spam filters get smarter and their methods change the 'spam poety' will be less and less useful.

I'm sure the v1agra folks will think of something.