Friday, June 09, 2006

What To Do...

I have contracted this "Transponder DL.MAX" thing on my computer and it's f**king everything up along with not going away.

Spybot = no good
Adaware = no help
Microsoft Antispy = found something, deleted it, came right back
Counterspy = found something, deleted it, came right back.

A window thing pops up once a minute and then redirects whatever I'm doing to this Antispywarebox.com site (Don't go there).

I have no idea how I got this thing for sure, but I really need to either get rid of it or scrap this computer and start new.

Am I "Puterf**ked" or is there something else (for real) I can do about this.

I have to stop now the things popping back up again - GODAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(P.S - I got the thing solved with the help of Prisoner. If anyone has this problem I have the way to get rid of it. It's a BIT LENGTHY, BUT IT SEEMS TO HAVE WORKED. ANYWAY, THANKS FOR THE HELP)

(P.P.S. - I didn't mean to have caps lock on but I'm too lazy to re-type it, so... o.k. then)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=878#

this might help.
Also, stop using IE for crapsakes.
try Firefox, not perfect but very good.

thePrisoner (not making a pro Mac statement or nuthin')

Anonymous said...

What are these virus things you speak of?

elhombrealto said...

I am in complete agreement with thePrisoner, get rid of IE. It's just a shit-magnet. There are many other internet browsers available to you that are much safer and less likely to infect your computer.

Also, I would suggest trying a freeware program called Ewido Anti-Malware. It has cleaned many malicious programs from my PC that other spyware/antivirus programs have missed. And its FREE!

http://www.ewido.net/en/

Andy said...

Got Ewido - thanks - it works.

Firefox is next.

I like pizza.