Friday, May 18, 2007

Cheese Friday™ : Big Cheese

(A reporter interviews one of the models sitting on the cheese.)

I just got back in town from New York. While I was there I happened upon the World's Largest Cheese Wheel! It was on display at Grand Central Station.

The cheese was made by Beemster, a Dutch company that make gourmet cheeses. There were a bunch of models dressed in traditional Dutch outfits (wooden shoes!) handing out samples. After I downed a few mini cheese wheels I looked over the stats for the big one. The wheel was over 6 feet wide and 1,323 pounds. I have to say, I would have thought the worlds biggest cheese wheel would be bigger. Don't get me wrong, it's big, but I just imagined "the biggest" would be as big as a truck.

While I was there I overheard a lady tell a reporter that if she won the lottery she'd try to buy the giant cheese wheel. And by the looks of her* I'd say she was serious. Me? Hey, I love cheese as much as the next guy. But my steel blue eyes can only get me so far with the ladies. I'm nothing without my rock hard abs.


*The worlds biggest cheese pales in comparison.


-Mr.DNA (has limits)

No comments: