Friday, June 01, 2007

Cheese Friday™ : Rolling Cheese


Dozens hurt in cheese roll race


BBC.com

A teenager who knocked himself out while chasing a Double Gloucester cheese down a hill was among 25 people hurt in a Cheese Rolling competition.

Chris Anderson, 18, won one of the five races which make up the annual contest, in which dozens of people race down a 1:2 gradient hill after a large cheese.


Mr Anderson said: "I just ran, fell and hit my head. I feel sore but it was definitely worth it."


One spectator was given treatment after being hit by a runaway cheese.


more

I can think of many things to do with a wheel of Cheese and none of them include running down a steep hill. Call me old fashion, but what ever happened to long walks on the beach? I'm willing to put in the time and get to know the Cheese. With me, it's not a race to the finish, I'm in it for the long haul. The ladies know what I mean.


-Mr. DNA (procrastinates)

No comments: