Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What Am I Doing in Chicago, right now?

I'm re-encoding a lot of film files and checking the shows with Nels to make sure there aren't any glitches. So far there ARE glitches and luckily we have time to fix them.
Nels is thinking that going HiDef this year might not be worth the extra trouble it causes. It does cause a lot of extra troubles.
Our new media player is working out quite well, but it's not perfect. It accepts more formats than any of the others we've tried, but it's not perfect.
Nels is making notes about any special treatment that a show might require. Some movies have the color-bars, slate and countdown hard coded into the file or the DVD. This is inconvenient for us, however if a festival still shows your movie on a DVD player then I'm sure it's REALLY inconvenient.

I'm a little muddled, a little tired and a lot busy. I gotta go.

tw

No comments: