Monday, March 29, 2004

Local Man Picks Own Nickname, Friends Resist.

The OC - Local fixture, Justin 'Pimples' Armao, recently contacted a few long-time friends to inform them that from now on he would like his nickname to be 'Boots' or 'Bootsie'.

This change was prompted by his recent 'run-in' with losing his shoes.

Pundit, Andy 'The Neck' Cauble, was dubious that the new nickname would stick, "He's always been 'Pimples' as long as I've known him. I don't see that changing just from a moment or two in the spotlight".

Consumer, Jason 'Spanks' Turnbaugh, was divided, "If I could, I'd change my nickname in an instant, but I don't think you can pick your own... I think there's a rule about it? Maybe in the bible?".

Friend, Craig 'Craig' Underwood, is undecided about the new moniker, "I'll use it if someone else does... I got burned when he wanted everyone to call him 'Viktor' in high school. I looked a right bumberclod."

Justin did briefly change his name legally in 1988 to 'Rockmeister Armao Von Goldenmane' while performing with local metal band 'The Chrome Dogz' but changed it back three months later.

No comments: