Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Today's Recommended Listening

As some of you know I have an unhealthy amount of music available to me (both stolen and not stolen, but mostly stolen) and I feel it is my need to let everyone know what is good (well at least what is good by my questionable standards). So every other day or so I will suggest some listening that you should be doing. Sometimes it may be an album, sometimes just a single track that will enrich your life (yes, even more than frenetic masturbation). And if at any point anyone wants a copy of any of this stuff, ask me and I shall provide.

Believe me, I'm well aware that nobody here gives a crap, because it's pretty much only friends reading this and we will ignore each other anyway, but what the hell - I have nothing else to do...

1) The Postal Service - Give Up (album)
Exposed to me by Kid Snickers, this album just gets better every time I listen to it. It's keyboard driven sullen pop that makes you kind of realize things aren't as bad as they may seem.

2) Jean Jacques-Perrey & Gershon Kinglsey - The In Sound From Way Out (album)
Remember walking through the mall in the late 70s and early 80s when the music shop had the keyboards blaring cheesy version of modern hits and kooky compositions by the store employees? Well this stuff is it, along with some themes from t.v. shows and other things that you'll recognize right away. A very stupid and guilty pleasure, that you MUST like or you're not going to be cool.

3) Joseph LoDuca - Evil Dead 2 Soundtrack (album)
Jack Black said it best, "Funny movie, awesome soundtrack." If you don't like this you truly are a cinematic (and musical) idiot.

No comments: