Monday, May 03, 2004

Meet The Newest Member Of The Smart Patrol

Hey Kids,

This is my new buddy "Parker" aka "Rod". I rescued him from the ASPCA animal shelter in Huntington Beach on Saturday. He is a 3 year old Corgi/Chow mix who may have belonged to a homeless person at some point. I thought "Rod" was a stupid name for a dog and apparently he does too because he never responds when you say it. I'm not sure where Parker came from it just seems to fit though. It makes me think of the old TV show "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" and/or Spider-Man's alter ego Peter Parker. So, you can take your pick on which one you would rather relate the name to.

He's been a really nice dog so far. He doesn't bark. He hasn't tried to "GO" in the house. He likes being where ever the people are and want's his head or belly rubbed. Or he'll go sit out on the side porch and watch all the other dogs and people go by. He did escape for about an hour and a half Saturday night. After being lethargic and slow for most of the day he decided to show us how fast he was by running past Tony as he left the apartment. After we had given up looking for him Toby found him relaxing on somebody's front porch waiting for them to let him in. I hope he just got confused as to which house is his. They do all look the same especially from eight inches off the ground.

Parker is having his manhood removed today as mandated by state law. I'm sure every male reading this feels for him but it sure will be funny if he comes home with a big cone on his head. (Should this happen, pictures will be posted later.) I'm gonna take him to get registered and chipped later this week. Tony and I were hoping we could get Lojack or some kind of WiFi installed for tracking purposes later. I'll have to look into that. For now, we will just have to tighten up security on the Turnbaugh compound.

For more pictures of Parker check my Hiplog.

No comments: