Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Toby On Tour, 2004 Day 1

Title: From John Wayne Airport (SNA) 7:52am

Posting may be delayed due to lack of modern necessitiies!
No free Wifi AND the indignity of additional security!
Flying has truly become a pain in the butt. At least I was really early.

Jason T. was a lifesaver, giving me a ride to the airport (what was I thinking I was gonna do?) he even stopped by McDonalds so now I've got a wicked case of the coffee sweats. That must be why I was pulled for an additional security check. The check was painless but I had to wait for ages because the couple in front of me (combined age 204) had so many body parts that had been replaced by titanium that the security guys couldn't do a complete scan of me without getting false positives from them. This is not a joke, all the security folks were rolling their eyes, trying to find a loophole that would allow them to just roll the couple along without punching their boarding passes. Mind you it didn't help matters that the lady in the couple (at their age I would just have to take her word for it) thought they were going to Atlanta, whereas the man (ditto on the ID thing) thought they were going somewhere else and the person who dropped them off had already left (no doubt to make sure that the life insurance policies were up-to-date).

Toby

UPDATE: Guy has just informed me the air traffic over the southland has been frozen or diverted, looks like I was lucky to get out when I did.

No comments: