Wednesday, March 09, 2005

30 Minute Comics Vol. 2 Issue 8

Dead Man's Party



I do love a good party. The best thing about the mausoleum are the glorious high ceilings. They're at a simply divine height for stringing up the chandeliers. There's nothing quite as uplifiting as dragging out the old tuxedo for a social mixer. Gloria does the cleverest invites, I don't know where she finds them. These little bats that fly around to everyone, alerting them of the time and occasion for our little soiree. Why last time we were able to squeeze in almost all the residents of the lot! Gloria makes fantastic h'ordevores, and I make a mean martini if I do say so myself. We host functions several times a year; New Year's Eve, St. Patty's Day, Valentine's Day, and of course on Halloween we hobnob right up until the sun rises. This year my associate was somehow able to garner one of these new fangled "Flat Screen TV's", and we were able to watch the Academy Awards. They don't seem nearly as glamorous as when I used to attend them in the 40's. Well that was over sixty years ago now I suppose, when people had style; when they understood glamour. Now everything's gone to pot. Well, at least we've still got our festivities to liven' things up here every now and again. You should drop by in fact, we're having one next Saturday. Perhaps you're familiar with our gated community? Its called Hollywood Forever. Hope to see you there some day.

No comments: