Thursday, March 10, 2005

30 Minute Comics Vol. 2 Issue 9

Ray, when someone asks if you're a God, you say YES!



It was during my weekly staff meeting, and as usual, I found myself staring out of the vast windows and out onto the sprawl of majestic sky scrapers and noble architecture. I never grew tired of admiring the gradual tapering of the Vincenzo building turrets, or the way that the top of the Brennen towers seemed to graze the bottom of clouds. I could barely make out the shape that emerged darkly from 25th Ave. It looked like one of those giant balloons that would float in between the buildings during city parades, with the grace of the gondolas in Venice. As I looked closer, I saw that it was a giant hand, but not quite a human hand…it was more like a paw. A paw with a behemoth analog clock embedded inside it. I made a gasping sound, and turned to my colleagues to see if they saw what I saw, but everyone else seemed engrossed in their work. I rose from my chair silently, and walked closer to the massive panes of glass that separated me from reality. As this paw became fully exposed, I saw that it was attached to a giant arm comprised of metal sectionals, and attached this was a torso, a head, legs. It was like an enormous hybrid of Teddy Ruxbin and Robby the Robot. At that moment, I was unsure as to whether or not I should scream or laugh. There was a time when the idea of huge robotic bears taking over our dear city of Metropol would have seemed ridiculous. But today it became a reality.

No comments: