Thursday, June 23, 2005

Back When $60 Was A Lot Of Money.


Mr. Jeff Conaway... TV's Bobby Wheeler and model for the $20 bill.


I am bummed right now.
Wednesday evening I was out with our good friend Tony, we were going out for a coffee (a high scorer on my list of favorite things to do). Somewhere along the way I lost $60.

I lost $60.
I lost $60.
I fu**ing lost $60.



Not that there's ever a good time to misplace $60, but this week /month/year/decade sure as hell isn't a good time. Things are tight economically right now and I was gonna be keeping those 'Wheelers' company until the end of the month. If it weren't for the fact that I barely slept last night (who're we kidding, this morning) then I'm sure I'd be up until sunrise kicking myself over this. Here I am barely getting by, and I go and screw myself over by being careless with money.

On the bright side, someone, somewhere found $60 last night and can't believe how lucky they are. I hope they buy something they don't need (like I probably would've in their boots).

Toby (is an idiot)

1 comment:

Jerrster said...

Not that this will make you feel any better and will certainly make me look like a complete idiot but I lost $500.00 cash right out of my pocket once. At the time I needed that money like I needed well like I needed $500.00...yeah...well... a therapist I was seeing at the time...professionally (unfortunately because she was Hot) told me she lost a $30,000.00 wedding ring on a golf course...I think that was supposed to make me feel better...the session with her cost $100.00...so see don't feel too bad Toby that was $600.00 I lost.