Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Chronicles Of Work: More Scientists Are Coming

Well today was really nothing.

I made a quick run into the "Plant People's" domain - all was well. I gave "Sanka-Ben" a couple business cards to which he looked me square in the eyes and said, "A/V is doing great." It was more than a little creepy, but it was a compliment (I guess) ala aged nerdy biologist's speak. I smiled at one of the women in charge, grabbed a Diet Pepsi and a cookie and wandered out in to the day.

Several very warm hours passed. I bought new black pants, I cleaned my backyard and watched "Jackie Brown" (a movie I didn't really like at first, but now I'm kinda getting to like it more).

Now I just got back from setting up things for tomorrow. Some microbiology group is coming in for 2 days. I don't know who let all of the scientists out (don't sing the song, every time you do a kitty is killed), but they seem to be flocking to humid hotels in beach areas. You have been warned.

A couple of the housemen were there setting up chairs. I was checking the wireless mic and letting them speak into it. It was like watching a kid with a box at Christmas. They were saying something Spanish into it. It was something they all had a huge laugh about, which made me wonder what they were saying about me now. It wouldn't be the first time they'd speak their "Latin Code" in reference to my extreme whiteness.

One day one of the housemen kept asking me questions in Spanish to which Mauricio (the night banquet captain) kept telling me to say no to and just move on. Later, I found out he was trying to pigeon hole me into answering sexually incriminating questions. Unfortunately due to the extensive brain cell murder I comitted in high school and beyond, I forgot how he said "blowjob" in Spanish. Dammit that porobably would come in handy - sometime - I think.

Being there with the housemen is like being around a bunch of girls in 3rd grade while they whispered and giggled little perverse secrets to each other while pointing and laughing at me. What? That never happened to me - shutup - I don't know what it means - leave me alone.

So I finished setting up stuff and came home. It was a very quiet day and night. I'll be there tomorrow at 8 in the morning and we'll see what happens then.

I know, boring entry, but I'm trying to be studious about this blog thingamajigger.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boring entry perhaps... But none can deny an interesting dip into Andyville (if that domain is available, buy it). As for your Spanish language taunting, the phrase "Soy Dios, soy muy macho, necesito mas pan, por favor" always did me well with the fellas back at the BurgerKang™. I was also underwhelmed by Jackie Brown, but have not watched it since.
Another good phrase, "Mi verga es la verga del fuego, con mucho gusto yo deseo su cabesa"