Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Man Lands On Moon, Scotty Dies - CONSPIRACY???


It was 36 years ago today. The world was a different place. We were (in some manner) just floating along on this big blue marble. Contrary to what my mother believes we put a man on the moon and lo and behold, a phrase was coined that made any of mankind's shortcomings inexcusable.



"If we can put a man on the moon, (why can't they make a light beer that tastes like the regular beer?)"
- Patrick Llewellyn, 17. Moments after drinking an entire case of "Diet Budweiser for Teens" at a Budweiser test facility in St. Louis Missouri.

Also, James "Scotty" Doohan died this morning at the ripe old age of 104. Doohan invented (among other things); an artificial heart that runs on Pepsi, a safe renewable energy source, glasses that gave the wearer x-ray vision, and his proudest achievement, a cure for all forms of Cancer.

Doohan also appeared briefly in a science fiction program during the 1960's but I couldn't find out much about it.

thePrisoner (steals your Mom's internet).


RIP- Scotty, you magnificent bastard. :'(

7 comments:

Fig said...

Didn't the guy that invented the tv dinner die yesterday too?

sniff sniff..... I DO smell a conspiracy!
sniff..... oh...never mind. it's just me.

Andy said...

I think he also cme up with the baker's dozen concept too.

Too bad - Scotty was good, McCoy was good, now we're left with an oddly bloated Shatner and a mysteriously quiet Nimoy.

Hmmm, Nimoy - speaking of conspiracies...

Jerrster said...

I thought it was a conspiracy...if George Takei aka Mr Sulu suddenly dies before old Shatner then I think we are on to something. ...and where IS Spock by the way?

elhombrealto said...

The thing that is freaking me out the most about this post is that in the picture of the three astronauts above, the guy on the right looks suspiciously like a young O.J. Simpson. Who can explain that one...?

Jerrster said...

Wow! yeah OJ and isn't that Mr. Barbra Striesand in the middle? This is creepy. What does it all mean Tony?

Jerrster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jerrster said...

Hey Lily got here via my silly site. I feel so connected--it does take a village--WTF I have no idea what that meant. I was just telling Sir Guy I can't believe I wrote ToNy instead of ToBy in that last comment. I was thinking I posted the comment "drinking while blogging" but I wasn't at the time. In my defense I'm OLD and the "N" and the "B" are right next to each other on the freaking keyboard. Yet as I recall I called him Tony once at Guy's parents house--FAAAACK! A total Grampa Simpson moment. Excuse me my nurse is here to change my diapers. hey the first round is on me!