Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Xmas Shopping

I'm a bit behind on my list.
I haven't actually made my list yet.

My folks were the kind that got the wrong one of something, like the
year I wanted a dirtbike (this is when BMX was brand new) and they got
me a ten-speed. I had the last laugh of course by riding the bike like
it was a dirtbike and busting it to pieces in short fashion. Later,
when we were moving, my dad refused to pack the wreckage, deeming it a waste of time and effort. I guess I showed him...

But what about you? Can you recall a mispurchased Christmas gift? Or
the one you never found under the tree, even after asking the mall
Santa that smelled like cigarettes and anger?

thePrisoner (ho ho ho)

11 comments:

Karen said...

Now that you mention it I still haven't got my Mercedes sports car I've been asking Santa for for about 3 years. Maybe he thinks I've been naughty....it always kills me how he KNOWS :)

Upset Waitress said...

thePrisoner, One year I asked for my house to be painted. So I get a friking gift-certificate to Home-Depot. Not what I had in mind at all. Pfft.

Unknown said...

Actually I think I was leaning more in the direction of a Six-Million-Dollar Man action figure or a Malibu Barbie Rehab CabaƱa Playset.

Sorry about the Mercedes and the housepainters, fingers crossed for this year.

Upset Waitress said...

So you're into dolls? There's no shame in asking for a Live Doll theprisioner. You know what those are don't you? Aharaha :)

Mr. DNA said...

thePrisoner -
Here's the link for you: http://realdoll.com/

It's almost mainstream now. There's nothing to be ashamed of. They made a movie about it for christ's sake. It's okay, you can tell the world.
Shout it out loud!

Jenny said...

I asked for a loom and I got a plastic thing to make potholders.

I was 10, but I've never forgotten.

*sniff*

Unknown said...

I had a RealDoll™ but she left me for a Stretch Armstrong™, I can't compete with that.

I miss her tho'

Manuel said...

i asked for a pc once when I was about 14, I got a casio keyboard.......revenge was mine.....I am to music what Adam Sandler is to acting........

Upset Waitress said...

Hah @ Stretch Armstrong! You're right. What I would do with a man that doesn't have to do penis stretch exercises.

Native Minnow said...

Last year I asked Santa for cash, cars and ladies. He didn't deliver any of them. This year I'd probably just settle for some Vicodin.

Joanna Cake said...

Husband did once buy me a rubbish bin for Xmas. Admittedly along with a lot of other stuff... but sadly, that's the gift I remember from that year...