Sunday, March 13, 2005

30 Minute Comics Vol. 2 Issue 11

Old Blu...Green Eyes



My new eye transplant was not going as well as I had hoped. I do not believe that Victor’s heart is in it anymore. There was a time when he would become exhilarated by the prospect of my invention. He would adjust my body parts, making sure I was proportional, speak to me late into the night, and strove to administer improvements upon my crude form. Now Victor is despondent, and shuffles through the lab with the weight of the world on his shoulders. I had asked him to see if he could find a green eye, to better match my other one and my skin tone, but he insisted all he could find was a sample with a black cornea. He then admitted he had only checked one graveyard, and was going to go out scouting to other cemeteries this week to finish finding parts for my bride. Victor said he would keep an eye out for a more appropriate replacement.

I have to confess, I can barely contain my excitement for the day when Victor finishes my wife. At last I will have someone who is as myself, who I will be able to share this life with. When I think back to all those awful nights I spent alone in the woods, I can feel a lump form in my throat. My beautiful family, the only friends I thought I had in the world, even they did not understand me, and so I had no choice but to enact my revenge upon them. Just as I will enact my revenge upon Victor if he is not able to comply with my wishes. I do not want to resort to more violence, but I will if I have to. I can not go much longer with this loneliness in my heart. It is slowly killing the humanity within me, and in turn driving me to kill as well.

No comments: