Monday, December 10, 2007

Gibson Robot Guitar. I'm perplexed.


"Introducing the Gibson Robot Guitar. All you have to do is play it."

Gibson just introduced a new guitar that tunes itself. I'm not sure if I think this is cool or not. On one hand it seems kind of like the latest "rich guy guitar".
"Dude, check it out. I just got a Gibson guitar. I don't know how to play it, but I do know that it's always in tune!"
On the other hand, it brings together two very cool things. Guitars and robots.

That said, guitars and robots couldn't be more different. Robots repel chicks, and guitars have been know to attract their share of low self esteemed hotties.

Hmmmmm.

If someone wants to buy me one I'll check it out and write a thorough review. Promise.

Mr. DNA (continues the "disparaging the rich" theme)

6 comments:

Joanna Cake said...

Doesnt every woman have a secret crush on at least one guitar player? Personally, I was always fascinated by Brian May's long, slender fingers and I loved the way Mark King of Level 42 slapped his base.

And Gibson are a particularly fine make of geetar...

Manuel said...

I dunno......some off my guitar wielding "rock star" friends could do with one of these......fucking criminal some of the noises they make.......

2 Dollar Productions said...

I just saw this the other day as well, and I filed it under a "cool, but probably way too expensive toy that will give rise to far too many mediocre players with money" trend. I could be wrong.

Mr. DNA said...

Ms. Cake - I'm not really sure if every woman does. But since you are a woman and I'm not, you would know better than I. And yes, Gibson's are fine. My dream guitar, would be a Gibson '57 Goldtop.

Manuel - I'm curious as to what the reviews will say about this guitar. If it all works like promised it should be pretty sweet for musicians (that can afford it).

$2 - I think you summed it up nicely.

Jerrster said...

I saw this guitar online recently...first thing I thought...if you know how to play the guitar...tuning it is the easiest part about it.

rich guy wannabes will love it

personally I can tune a guitar--I just can't play for shit

Unknown said...

I can't tune a guitar or tuna fish.

thank you and goodnight!